About Peter Macinkovic
My name is Peter Macinkovic and I am a Technical SEO Strategist and eCommerce Specialist - spending my time tinkering away on web platforms like Shopify.
After working in-house as a Digital Marketer for an online beauty retailer, I now work agency side at Innovate Online as a specialist in all thing technical in the world of search and organic discovery.
As a Techbnical SEO, I do my tech magic thing on a daily basis to help plan roadmaps, perform migrations and audit crawl traps for our fine clients such as JB Hi-fi, Spotlight, Metricon and many more.
By delivering results that drive the focus back to growing the business, I work with with key stakeholders help reach more users, measure success metrics and improve customer loyalty with practical a range of skills such as SEO, Paid Acquisition, Conversion Optimisation, and Customer Retention Sequences.
I am an upskill addict - always wanting to learn more and invest in personal development, especially in the digital realm. I am both Google Adwords and Analytics Certified, as well as completing over 120+ courses on Lynda.com.
August 2019 - Present, Located in Caulfield, Victoria
Responsible for the creation and implementation of Technical SEO strategies that help generate results and improving organic visibility for clients.
This hands-on role shapes the technical roadmap for a client's journey in improving organic reach within search - identifying technical issues with crawlability, scaling the indexability of content and presenting solutions to project stakeholders in a clear, digestible manner.
- Technical SEO Lead for the largest Shopify migration in Australian history (JB Hifi, September 2019). Responsilble for mapping of URL migrations, fixing critical crawling and indexing issues and post-migration strategy.
- Sitewide Schema debugging and correction on some of the largest Hybris Websites in Australia (Spotlight, Anaconda)
- Monitored and corrected a major critical indexing issue for a large JS Client-Side Rendered eCommerce store (Hairhouse, SEMRush Awards Nominee - Best Retail Campaign). Restored Traffic to previous levels within 4 days upon identifying the issue, saving a 25% traffic loss.
April 2015 - August 2019, Located in Berwick, Victoria
Featuring an amazing product range and providing expert advice, Kiana Beauty Melbourne shares the best in skincare, beauty products and fragrances online - from brand names you trust to ensure receive genuine, quality products.
As the Digital Marketing Manager I am responsible for managing the ongoing strategy and tactical execution of customer retention as well as driving traffic and sales to the Kiana Beauty website.
Working closely with the business owners, as well as dedicated retail and beauty counter staff at the Berwick location, I am responsible for the coordination of communication and marketing strategies.
- Increased net-revenue YOY at a multiplier of industry growth (~15%) (▲ 668% - 2016, ▲ 49% - 2017, ▲ 69% - 2018)
- Launched over 180 campaigns including seasonal campaigns, discount sales events, competitions, content launch etc. Avg open rate 15.8 %, CTR 1.5%
- Made continuous and iterative improves on the website to best serve the user experience and improve conversion rate. (2.89% CVR vs 2.61% CVR Feb. 2019 vs 2018 AU)
- Optimised IA within the limitations of the hosted platform Shopify to improve SEO/organic search: including customised JSON-LD for content types, crawl optimisation, smart default headers for tags and custom sitemap.xml for non-submitted tags. (Organic Traffic ▲ 212%, Transactions ▲ 146%, Revenue ▲ 137.94% 2018 vs 2017)
- Managed Paid Search Campaigns including Google Shopping (PLAs), Dynamic Search Ads and Search Network. 6.83x ROAS (2018) on a fixed budget of 6.5% of top-line revenue.
September 2013 - November 2014, (Volunteer Role)
Volunteer Role for RMITV’s flagship Television Programme on C31, responsible for building the website, managing content for website and Youtube, and managing marketing strategy for social media channels.
- Trained Volunteer Subordinate to manage social media engagement, leading to a 125% increase in social engagements vs previous seasons.
- Optimised Content on Youtube for increased visibility in organic search and Youtube discoverability.
- Designed and Developed the Live on Bowen Website on Drupal 7 in less than a week. Customised IA and CMS to match thecontent strategy.
- Nominated 2014 Blue Drop Awards - Best Entertainment Website
June 2014 - August 2014
Digital Account Manager responsible for communicating with clients, stakeholder and managing a small team of developers in delivery digital projects within scope, on budget whilst delivery results.
February 2011 - May 2012
Project Manager liaising with designers, developers and clients in delivering web projects for small businesses.
- Primary liaison for clients and project stakeholders, typically managing 3-7 clients at a time, ensuring milestones and expectations are met.
- Communicating with team members, including up to 15 remote developers, 3 in-house designers and reporting directly to the Creative Director to ensure roles are clearly defined and task backlogs are monitored to met deadlines and scope.
- Writing comprehensive requirements documentation 20-40 pages in length required for projects, and calculating budgets for client proposals.
In person, you can check me out hanging out in the Melbourne area. If you want to catch up in person, there's a good chance I will be at the monthly SEO Melbourne Meetup which happens the first Tuesday of every month.
On the website, you can check me out on the following social media platforms: